Hotel located in the heart of Lodi, California Wine Country
Do you see yourself as a Front Desk Agent? What’s your passion? This company is looking for a passionate person who is committed towards providing excellent customer service and putting their guests first! If you enjoy being the first point of contact, have a warm personality, like to help guide guests, this is the right choice for you. If you thrive off first impressions to deliver a great guest experience- Join our team!
Internship available! Located in Lodi
Starting Pay: $12.00 per hour
Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Work Days: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (Some Weekends)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcome guests in a friendly, prompt and professional manner.
- Register guests, issue room keys, provide information on hotel services and room location.
- Answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Up-sell rooms where possible to maximize hotel revenue.
- Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions.
- Issue, control and release guest safe-deposit boxes.
- Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management.
- Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Make appropriate service recovery gestures in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- May routinely book guest reservations for individuals and/or groups that are requested either by phone or from within the hotel; process cancellations, revisions, and information updates on changes.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned including guest room tours, concierge services, special guest requests, etc.
- High School diploma. Some college preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
- You must be able to pass a Federal Background Check via the Military Installation to access the base. Must have valid driver’s license.
- This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Frequently standing up behind the desk and front office areas
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Handling objects, products and computer equipment
- Use a keyboard to operate various property management and reservations systems, etc.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often.
- Basic math skills are used frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating and training abilities are often used.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.