Central Valley’s Most Prolific Independent Restaurateurs
Do you binge watch the Food Network or dream of being the next Top Chef? Are you enticed by seeing what goes into your food? If you think cooking is like an art and you just want to see how it gets made, join our team to learn from a well-known chef make meals from-scratch with locally sourced modern Italian food. These restaurants use grass-fed meats with the names of each of the farms they come from listed on the menu, as are the local growers and makers of much of the produce, cheese, oils and more. If you want to help the chef give guests a glimpse into what it takes to make the food they eat and give them a chance to see the busy chef and cooks in action – this is a dream come true for you!
Internship available! Located in Modesto & Ripon
Starting Pay: $12.50 per hour
Hours: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. & 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Work Days: Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies.
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces).
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff.
- Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food.
- Stock inventory appropriately.
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers.
- High School diploma.
- You must be able to pass a Federal Background Check an Drug Test.
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook.
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks.
- Familiar with industry’s best practices.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often.
- Basic math skills are used frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating and training abilities are often used.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.