After School Programs serving San Joaquin County
An organization that is dedicated to serving the community since 1855 and provides after school programs at over 40 program sites throughout San Joaquin County.
Do you have a passion for helping others? Do you have a knack for interacting with youth to reach their greatest potential? Or, maybe your future goal is a career in education? If so, this group leader internship is the perfect placement for you! Serve with a team of talented professionals learning the purpose and processes of early childhood education. Gain meaningful hands-on experience under the supervision of teaching staff developing age appropriate program content, lesson plans and activities. Learn by doing! Take the steps to get to your future career goal by joining an organization dedicated to the development, healthy living and social responsibility of the youth of our local community!
Internship available! Located in Stockton
Starting Pay: $11.00-13.00 per hour
Work Days: Monday, Wednesday and Friday and some Saturdays
- Intern must be at least 18 years of age.
- Intern Must obtain TB clearance.
- Intern must pass pre-employment physical examination.
- Intern must pass Live Scan clearance or fingerprint submission to Department of Justice, FBI and request for Child Abuse Index.
- Intern must pass CPR/First Aid within time requested by Program Director.
- Intern must provide copies of all transcripts.
- Intern must submit proof of work experience to Program Director.
- Supervises a group of 20 children specifically designated by Program Facilitator.
- Acts as positive role model for children.
- Interacts with individuals as well as whole group.
- Participates actively in site activities.
- Plan and implement a variety of recreational and educational activities which support children’s learning and promote self-esteem in small group settings.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; run; sit; use hands to operate objects, tools and/or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl; talk and/or hear; taste and/or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.